- Band pass powered subwoofer for portable PA and installation applications
- 3,000 Watt power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology
- KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processing for total system control
- ULTRANET digital audio networking connects to mixers and other sources
- Double suspension 18" low frequency driver with inside/outside wound coil
- Fully featured user interface with LCD display for ease of navigation
- PC remote control software downloadable at turbosound.com
- Low distortion dual port design for maximum sound pressure level
- 18 mm (3/4”) birch plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 35 mm pole mount to support satellite speaker
- Mains input on Neutrik powerCON* connector
- 1-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The 3,000 Watt NuQ118B-AN is a powered 18" dual ported bandpass enclosure that is optimally tuned for extended low frequency response. Designed to work individually without a controller, the NuQ118BAN provides very high output FOH performance and is ideally suited for a wide range of music and live sound reinforcement applications.
The NuQ118B-AN features a powerful, double suspension 18" low frequency driver that utilizes a specialised inside/outside wound voice coil for higher magnetic density, better heat dissipation, high power handling capacity, and improved efficiency. For its size and operating bandwidth, the NuQ118B-AN delivers extremely high output that is virtually distortion-free – even in the most demanding applications.
Output power for the NuQ118B-AN is provided by means of an efficient and lightweight KLARK TEKNIK 3,000-Watt Class-D power amplifier. A sophisticated, but easy to use KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processor (DSP) provides dynamic EQ for impressive low frequency response at low volume levels and transparent limiting for clarity at high output levels – and for long-term reliability.
On the rear panel of the amplifier module, the user interface's LCD display and single rotary encoder provide intuitive access to: position compensation, user EQ control, crossover alignment and signal routing features. In addition to the balanced XLR input, an XLR output is provided for daisy-chaining more active subwoofers, or for use with active full range satellite speakers. An onboard USB port provides access for remote control of the NuQ118B-AN via PC computer, as well as DSP firmware updates.
ULTRANET connectivity is provided by two locking etherCON* connectors. Up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data are transmitted via a single CAT5 cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Simplified cable routing and ease of setup translate directly into significant time saved during installation.
Finished in a highly durable semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (¾") birch plywood and includes: multiple M10 threaded rigging points; a 35 mm pole socket for satellite speaker mounting; integrated carry handles for convenient transport – and high impact interlocking corners for ground stacking stability. Mains power input is provided via a Neutrik powerCON* connector.
Architecture & Engineering Specifications
The loudspeaker shall be of the powered subwoofer type, consisting of one 18" (460 mm) LF driver. Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 40 Hz to 150 Hz and within -10 dB from 33 Hz to 150 Hz. Nominal dispersion shall be “half space.” Maximum amplifier output power shall be 3,000 Watts peak, independent of limiters and driver protection circuits. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program, shall be 136 dB. Dimensions: 773 mm high x 579 mm wide x 700 mm deep (30.4" x 22.8" x 27.6"). Net weight: 57.9 kg (127.5 lbs). The loudspeaker system shall be the TURBOSOUND NuQ118B-AN . No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
After your order is verified, you can expect to receive your order within the following time frame:
- In Metro areas: 1 - 5 working days (except Sunday and holidays)
- In Non-Metro areas: 3 - 10 working days (except Sunday and holidays)
*For Pre-Order simply add another 5 working days after your code is verified.